Please take a moment to read the following terms and conditions before you send us your complete your booking.
GÎTE LA BARAUDIÈRE TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Gîte La Baraudière is available for self-catering accommodation rental from Sarah and Adrian (the Owners) to you the renter (the Client) named on the booking form.
- Website and Accuracy: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the website and all advertising material is accurate at the time of writing, we cannot be held responsible for the changes or matters outside our control. All information is given in good faith but no warranties are made regarding information.
- The rental price for each gîte is per week and includes bed linen and towels. The price excludes Taxe de Séjour, which is a tourist tax of 0,75 € payable by guests per person per night for occupants aged 18 and over. All rental fees and taxes must be paid at the point of booking.
- We only accept bookings from Saturday to Saturday.
- If you have any accessibility requirements and are unsure whether our property will be suitable for you, please get in touch. We will be happy to discuss any provisions already in place and how we can best accommodate you.
To secure your gîte
- To reserve your gîte, please first check availability and price (either via the website, by email or phone). Then read the Terms & Conditions, and when you are happy you wish to proceed, either complete the online reservation form, together with online payment, or contact us by email, where we can confirm your booking and provide bank details for payment.
- We will send you an email confirmation once payment has been received as formal acceptance of the booking.
- Preferred booking is via our online form with payment by card. Cards are processed by Stripe, a secure transaction service. Alternatively, payment can be made directly to our French bank account in Euros.
- Full payment is due no later than 40 days before the arrival date. If this is not received by the due date, we reserve the right to seek an alternative booking, and cancellation charges will be implemented.
- Time of arrival is between 16.00 and 19.00 on Saturday. If you need to arrange a time before, please contact us in advance. Our check-out time is 10.00 on your day of departure, to enable us to prepare for our next guests.
- The final payment is fully refundable up to 30 days before your scheduled arrival. After this date, no refunds are possible. It is recommended that you take out insurance to protect the risk of cancellation from the time of booking and for medical, baggage cover etc whilst abroad.
- Should the gîte be unavailable on the day stated, due to unforeseen circumstances, every attempt will be made to relocate guests. If this is not possible, all rent money will be refunded without question, but no further liability will fall upon the owners.
Terms of Rental
- The accommodation is provided for the persons named on the booking form. We must be informed in advance of any alteration. The maximum capacity of our gîte is 6 persons. This number must not be exceeded.
- The rental period commences at 16.00 on the first day and ends at 10.00 on the last day. You will be required to agree to pay for any lost keys. check an inventory on your arrival at the gîte.
- The Owner will not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client will not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated. Your co-operation in complying with this is appreciated so that there is sufficient time to prepare the property for the following clients, although we will consider reasonable requests to vary the times, if possible.
- The Client agrees not to act in any way which would cause a nuisance or disturbance to those residents in any neighbouring property. Should we consider your behaviour to be unacceptable, we reserve the right to ask you to leave the gîte. No refunds will be made.
- You are required to be a considerate tenant, to take good care of the property and the facilities, and leave the property tidy and in good order when you leave. If at any time you discover that anything is missing or damaged, you must let us know immediately.
- Complaints: In the event of any complaint arising, either on arrival or after occupation has commenced, this should be brought to the attention of the owners immediately so that remedial action, where necessary, can be taken without delay. They will do everything possible to deal with any difficulties both quickly and effectively. The owners retain the right to enter the property at any reasonable time to deal with any complaints and to carry out any repairs deemed necessary to the property or equipment. Any complaint after departure must be in writing within 7 days of your departure.
- The rental is inclusive of water, electricity and use of the pool and garden. The rental cost excludes the local tourist tax (taxe de séjour) which may be itemised as an additional cost when paying online, or payable by the Client on arrival (per night per person aged 18 or over).
- Bedding, linen and towels are provided, for use only inside your gîte. Please bring your own towels for use around the pool or to take out for the day. Clean linen will be provided on Saturday for stays of 2 weeks or more. You will be responsible for any other washing during your holiday.
- Swimming Pool: No drinking glass or bottles to be used around the pool, plastic only (these have been provided in your property). Children to be under adult supervision at all times as the Owners cannot be responsible for their safety as there is no lifeguard on duty.
- Parking: Car parking is provided and vehicles and their contents are parked at owners’ risk.
- General: Whilst every possible effort will be made to maintain the pool and household equipment in good order for the enjoyment of our guests, we cannot accept liability in the event of any unforeseen calamity but would ask you to bear with us whilst we attempt to rectify the problem as soon as possible. Smoking is not prohibited inside the property or around the pool or hot tub area.
- Pets are welcome at the property.
- The Owners shall not be liable to the Client:-
- for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery, or appliance in the property or garden.
- for the loss, damage or injury, which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owners.
- for any loss, injury, death or damage which may be incurred while staying at the property
- for the personal safety and security of guests (or their belongings) whilst on our premises / using items supplied by ourselves. It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that all children are supervised, particularly in and around the swimming pool and hot tub areas as well as the mezzanine and stairways.
- Under no circumstances shall the Owners liability exceed the amount paid by the Client to the Owners for the rental period.
- This contract shall be governed by French law in every particular, including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in France. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in France.